Providing financial security through insurance coverage since 1997.

  1. Home
  2. >
  3. Personal
  4. >
  5. Condominium

Florida Condominium Insurance Frequent Questions

  1. What is covered by condo insurance?
  2. Do I need flood insurance?

Ask an agent a question not listed?

What is covered by Florida Condominium Insurance?

When you insure your home with Florida Condominium Insurance, you are really insuring several distinct things.

Fixtures and any changes made to a building that are owned by the unit-owner that are not the responsibility of the Condominium Association.

Personal Property
Property other than real property. (Contents)

Loss of Use
Compensates the policyholder for the inability to use property destroyed or damaged by an insured peril.

Personal Liability
A form of liability insurance which reimburses the policyholder, if liable, to pay money for damage or injury caused to others in Florida. This form does not include automobile liability but does include almost every activity of the policyholder except such as may arise from the operations of a business, hence “personal” liability.

Medical Expense Limit
Insurance providing for payment of medical, surgical, and hospital expenses.  This is a sub-limit of the Personal Liability coverage.


Flooding is not covered by a standard Florida homeowners insurance policy.

To determine if you need flood insurance, ask your insurance professional, mortgage company or neighbors about the flood history in your area. If there is a potential for flooding, you should consider purchasing a policy that covers the structure and your personal belongings.

Flood insurance can be purchased from an insurance agent or company under contract with the Federal Insurance Administration (FIA), part of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Flood insurance is only available where the local government has adopted adequate flood plain management regulations under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).